View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Fact or Fiction? 

First we set the scene it is cold and miserable and at least 60km per hour wind chill :roll:
Two little belletts roll into town with their passengers looking for a comfort stop due to the cold windy weather bringing the first stop a little earlier than expected. This small country town appears to be deserted and it looks as if we are the only people here, parked outside the toilets we notice over the road is a cafe and we could have a coffee break but as we are about to enter it is decided that we might move on. About 100m down the road is the local post office and we had some mail to send and as it was quite and easy to park this opportunity was taken. While parked the only other café in town, that appeared closed had someone inside, with a slight push on the door it was open, the shop keeper said yes we are open, its colder today then the middle of winter.
We ordered coffee and the only other car in town drives past, a fc Holden. while we wait for coffee then the door flies open and a bushy walks in "you guys own the belletts ? Yep, im a holden guy got few holdens I collect." We asked "is that your fc nah mate it looked alright but hey. We used to have a few belletts round here over the years there was this green one that blue one la de da then he says hey Tracey who was making coffee did you see the belletts outside "yep out my window I can see them. Do we tell them about the crazy bellett lady? If you want to" the yarns went on for a while until we said are they still around? "yeah mate bout 10kms out of town" we said can we get directions we are harmless just interested? They both laughed and said they are more concerned for our welfare than the owners.
The instructions are. Go down the road turn at the pub 5kms out go right da da da onto ..... road follow it you will see a couple. Off we go and find what we are looking for, down the drive way to a bush shack few wrecks around, belletts geminis Bedford mini bus ect. Out comes Wendy, dreadlocks a fully blown hippie with a arm missing from a recent car accident, and said "I don't believe it I thought you were the boys down the road driving that shovel nose Toyota on the road again until I saw there was two. Only then I realized belletts" a little idle chit chat Wendy expresses her love for the bellett and her intension of building her own model of stone henge we had a chuckle however Wendy was not laughing and said "I don't have enough belletts that's why I have a couple of geminis. She asked to look at our cars from end to end and said come on I will show you round and introduced us to each car, how much she paid, why they were named.
As this happens a neighbour turns up another hippie dude he claims to have a ford collection of every model since the 60's and was doing a what we believe a welfare check on Wendy as he left hippies were coming and going Wendy is saying I not the only bellett nutter around anymore.
Wendy says time for a cuppa and leads into the bush and says go into the tepee and make yourself at home I will be in soon. Over our little tea break Wendy said I have two belletts In a natural tomb and boxes of parts the boxes have probably fallen apart now as the tree growth is too thick it will take some time to clear a path to them.
We asked about her real plans for the cars and her reply was "I wanted to get another and use them for parts but I know that would never happen so I am going to make a bellett stone henge again" we laughed to realize this is no joke?
So here we are on the bellett farm we are calling it with a self confessed crazy lady negotiating the fate of these cars. Here we have teardrop deluxe late strip deluxe and everything in between. It is decided between us that 'Rosie' a late model deluxe is the car that would be no loss if stripped and enquire about buying parts, in awhile in the tepee the negotiations are complete and we have free access to obtain Rosies bits as long as we don't hurt her?
The next few hours the hippies come and go Wendy takes a bellett joy ride as Rosie's bits get loaded into the already fully loaded cars. Negotiations go by and all the cars are for sale as long as it is for the right reason and the best interest of each car that are all named and have a personality. It is now late and we are invited to stay the night in the tepee or one of various buses on the property as We and Wendy talked cars until late. Arrangements were made for the closest bellett owner to negotiate with our new friend a beautiful person the crazy bellett lady.
100% TRUE OR FULSE you decide

Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:39 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
true ...id say they are out there the game is finding them ..cheers davo

Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
thats a great story! I want it to be true!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Sounds like another day in paradise to me! Tasmanian oddysey?? Perfectly feasable and highly probable, Tassie is just FULL of Belletts! ;)
I too enjoy the thought that its true and the Bellett casche has just increased. :D

Cheers, Matt.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
I reckon its true due to 2 reasons
1. Greg, Liz, Alan and Trish have been travelling around Tassie the longest after the Nationals hence they are the most likely to draw out the local interest.
2. Greg had to perform some rear mudguard adjustments as his boot was overloaded to the hilt....now I realize why....due to parts acquisition.
:D

I had my own close encounter of the 2nd kind in Cygnet but pales in comparison to this story :o

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:24 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
at least Greg and Liz had the right car. Lower roof line GT and longer rake = less loading up space :)

plus Greg has this inbuilt "Bellett Detector" that goes crazy if there is another car within 100km.

great story...

OZ

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:48 am

OK I thought the story may have come across a little unrealistic :?:
It is true all of it we have the photo's to prove it from cars set up in position for winter and summer solstice, The tepee the whole lot is 100% fact the Tassie boys now have access to bellett parts.
When we were loaded on the boat the guy loading us told me he had a neighbour with one too. As Davo said you need to sniff them out they are still out there.
Andrew and James have made contact and purchases have been completed.
The Owner is convinced that she is a bellett goddess and one day the bellett fairies would show up.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:45 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
a happy bellett ending ..then again just another one of the many we will all experience as it is part of our lives ..well done greg and liz ..you have helped a bellett princess dreams come true ...davo

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:55 am

Car(s): PR91 1967 GT, PR20 1966 1/2 with GT Goodies
Wish us luck
Banjo and Hippy repellant aka soap on a rope at the ready
J

To increase the fun, add a hair dryer

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:08 pm

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
just so amazing that attending an event as the Nationals in Tassie has brought out some many car contacts and owners.
Really has given all the boys down there a kick start in the right direction to get cars and/or parts needed to keep theirs on the road and to complete projects.
love how the whole gang work together to maintain our Marque!

OZ

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]