View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
MitchMcD's 'Monster' 

hi everyone.
ok, i'm (brett) not 'MitchMcD'.... i'm his uncle.
for Mitchell's bellett story thus far, see the link below:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1085

for those new to the story, a brief run down....
young mitch is my lil sis' 11yo son. he's car mad, has been saving his pocket money for ages, and wanted a car to muck around with that will be ready for him to drive when he's 16.
a bellett was his choice.... what else could it be!!
i found him a good one thru craig (toomanybelletts.... now is 1 less :lol: ), the deal was done, and mitch owns his 1st car.... a 68 sedan. it a pretty good little thing, with nothing major needed, just a good dose of TLC, and it'll turn out really well.

anyway, he's has some great plans for it, but it will take time as he want to learn as he goes, so work will happen when he can get to my factory, and when he's saved some more money.
updates might be a bit slow, but i'll keep u informed as we go along!
there's no rush tho.... we have 4-odd years!

here it is as we found it:
Attachment:
DSCF0617a.jpg
DSCF0617a.jpg [ 202.37 KiB | Viewed 28220 times ]

Attachment:
DSCF0616a.jpg
DSCF0616a.jpg [ 180.75 KiB | Viewed 28218 times ]

and after a few hours of cleaning, degreasing and fitting some new wheels:
Attachment:
DSCF0813a.jpg
DSCF0813a.jpg [ 225.26 KiB | Viewed 28217 times ]

Attachment:
DSCF0814a.jpg
DSCF0814a.jpg [ 207.93 KiB | Viewed 28217 times ]

enjoy and encourage, i reckon!
:D

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 am

Car(s): 1968 Bellett Sedan
Thanks for your help Uncle Brett and thanks Craig for helping me get my first car.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:23 am

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Very nice Mitch.
That's what Bella sort of looked like once upon a time :lol:

Looking forward to the next installment.

Cheers
Rob

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 am

no worries dude.
sounds like the guys are looking forward to your project already, and really like the new wheels on it too!

see ya soon, and we'll do some more.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 am

So Uncle Brett and Pa came to my school with my car and Uncle Brett's race car on Tuesday so that all of my friends and my school principal could have a look. Before they came down some of my friends didn't believe that I actually had one, but now everyone in the school knows that I have a car. It's funny because they were all really suprised when they turned up. Uncle Brett revved the engine of his race car heaps when they came and left. It was cool because everyone was saying that they were really loud. Every class came out to have a look and everyone got to climb in the cars and they were all excited to sit in a race car! A lady from the newspaper came to take photos so I hope they don't have much other news this week so that I can be in it! My school is also going to put it in the newsletter, but I had to write a story first which I did on Wednesday. It was a really good day!

Attachments:
DSC00059.JPG
DSC00059.JPG [ 140.75 KiB | Viewed 28045 times ]
DSC00060.JPG
DSC00060.JPG [ 154.94 KiB | Viewed 28045 times ]
DSC00050.JPG
DSC00050.JPG [ 152.72 KiB | Viewed 28045 times ]
Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:48 am

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
Nice work mitch Pleased wally & the young wippersnipper got around to helping
Good work all three!!!!!!!!!
The next Generation of Bellett owners need to be brought forward so they can
keep the Marque alive
GO YOU GOOD THINGS
CHEERS KEN

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:06 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
well done there Mitch.
Isnt it funny how people just dont believe you when you talk about your car(s) and what you do till they see them. Then when you turn up with one, its a whole different story.
Really glad the local newspaper sent someone to take some photos. You should be able to get a copy of the photos if you contact the newspaper office. they usually charge about $10 for each photo but it would be great to have and start your picture collection of the Bellett.

Uncle Brett is a top bloke too.

Super job guys

OZ

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:17 am

many thanks for encouraging M too guys. he'll get there with his car one day!

the kids sure did have a ball.
with the usual million and 1 questions flying about.
1 young fella was a classic with the race car.... he said "hey, this baby would kill my mum's green rust bucket!"
god knows what the green rust bucket was, but he reckoned the race car was better!! good enuf for me!! :lol: :lol:

back story to the newspaper thing is:
the local council is doing a promotion called "dads and lads" to get fathers more active in their sons lives, to try and prevent the sons from becoming the typical delinquint kids later.
mitch asked us (wal and me) to bring his car and one of mine down to his school so the teachers and kids could have a look.
we met his principal, chris, he was all for it (a car head too!), and he contacted the local paper about mitch's story.
they jumped at the chance, and sent a photographer and reporter.

hopefully it will be in next week's paper, and they want to do update stories as we resto it too.

ohh, and for those that don't know who's who in the pic....
i'm on the left.
andrew (mitch's dad) is next.
mitch at the front.
and wal (or pa as mitch calls him) is on the right.

cheers.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Has the Monster got a NAME yet
ken

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Hats off to yas Mitch and uncle Brett. That's an exciting Bellett career gone off with a bang ! Much enthusiasm all round,

Cheers, B

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:29 pm

From Mitch's mum - just a small correction to Uncle Brett's write up - it's actually Mitchell's school that are promoting the "dads and lads" program rather than the council. Awesome program. It's part of the reason the cars went down there to show a fantastic example of men being in boys lives, and that it doesn't have to be biological father - Uncles and Grandpas can have a great impact too.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 pm

well done Mitch's Mum for getting involved also

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
My congratulations to all those involved.
The program is an absolutely brilliant initiative and I hope Brett and Andrew's contribution helps bring a few more fathers back into their sons lives.

Cheers
Rob

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:34 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
This has been a great read so far, and I look forward to more. Thanks for sharing & good on all involved. Initiatives like this probably wouldn't have happened in the old days. Great for fostering a sense of community. :D
We are fortunate to live in a small community, where everyone has to do a bit or things don't get done. Our school is very involving of families and there are opportunities for voluntary works within the school, reading roster, scripture lessons & P & C activities, etc. I realy like that we don't have a bus for excursions, so parents get to go & drive the kids. As Black Betty is my transport, EVERYBODY in the school knows what Belletts are, & most of the kids have ridden in her. 8-)
You are showing that you don't have to live in a small country place to be involved. Good work.

Love the "As found" photos, then the instant transformation of a decent clean up!
Keep the great work coming! (Better do your homework first though, hey?) :lol:
Cheers, Farmer.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:39 am

Car(s): 2 x '69 Bellett Sedans, 1 x '64 Bellett ( Sports Sedan ) 1 x '98 Jackaroo.
Mitch, Great to see you are learning all about cars and life from your family, your passion is to be applauded, and the knowledge you are getting from the OLDER is not available anywhere unless, you take there advice.
Congrat's on the purchase of your new car, and spend every moment you can with it , as the way you have started your passion will give you many good and unfortunatley bad times.The support you have is great, make sure you take the knowledge on board, and pass it on to all you know.

Cheers pearcesnr.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 am

UPDATE!

here's the article that appeared in mitch's school newsletter about the day we invaded his school, bellett style!
the article is his own words.

Attachment:
Newsletter9thDecember-2.jpg
Newsletter9thDecember-2.jpg [ 338.23 KiB | Viewed 27887 times ]

the local newspaper hasn't yet run his story (damn state elections and xmas.... what's more important!!), but they have been in touch for more info, so it will happen sometime soon.

stay tuned for more, and y'all come back now... ya hear!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:08 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Hi Mitch

A great report on your car. I think you got a real bargain. You can tell your mates that you ripped Craig off :lol:

Silver with black will make it stand out in the car park in a big way.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Heya Mitch,
I love the idea of silver with black bonnet and black stripes down the side.
Kind of like a clean version of RobSA's Bella. (I do LOVE the rat look of Bella though!)
I have been tossing up between full silver or metalic olive green with a fat silver stripe with black pin boarder down the centre for my car when I get around to repainting it.
I have settled for the metalic olive green option at this stage as its not too far off the colour it already is now.
If you go for a silver, check out the range of Mercedes Benz silvers as some are a real smooth metalic, almost chrome.
They look really nice on the little cars like Belletts.

Look forward to seeing your Bellett evolve over the coming years.

Stickman

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 am
Profile YIM WWW

andrew... he got a good deal coz it was thru me... i should have charged commission!

and yep, sliver with black it will be, ala GT-R style.
like this:
Attachment:
Mitch-Car-1.jpg
Mitch-Car-1.jpg [ 67.1 KiB | Viewed 27856 times ]

he got the idea from the remake "gone in 60 seconds" elenor mustang.
i gave him a ARII 1/32 GT-R model kit, and suggested if he's doing stripes and what not, do it in the original style.
so his dad did some photoshop-ing, and there it is.... now i just gotta do the panel and paint for him....
maybe i can get that commission after all.... :lol:
will look great when it's done, espech lowered with the black and silver wheels matching it all.

so nobody else do a silver and black GT-R style one... please!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:42 am

is blue gtr style ok i have a little tidy up job on my new race car ;) the black strip will cover the line where the body deadner stops. It's UGLY but we will luv it just not as much :lol: :twisted:.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next