View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
My Bellett 

Car(s): 1971 240Z, 1970 510 2 door, 2004 SL55 AMG, Bellett GTR
I bought a Bellett GT-R in Japan last year and it currently undergoing a full bare metal resto in Australia, with an estimated finish date of November 2020. I was in Japan in Jan/Feb this year and caught up with Norikuni Okazaki ( owner of a blue modified GT) and Akira Ogawa. Akira san worked his whole life at Isuzu, mostly as a mechanic and related fields. He has just retired and is the owner of an orange GT-R. I had him inspect my Bellett at Yokohama to verify its authenticity. He gave me a copy of an Isuzu company internal bulletin document, dated September 1966.
I note in some rather old threads that there has been alot of conjecture about PR91 versus PR91W in terms of VINs and what features define a GT-R.
As some members have correctly stated, the PR91"W" was simply an internal company designation for the GT-R and did not appear in the GT-R chassis numbers stamped on the actual cars. There is also lengthy discussions about the key GT-R features.
The Bulletin is a long document in Japanese but I have translated the salient sections describing the key differences between the GT and the GT-R.
Please find it attached as a word document. The Bulletin date is September 1969 ( not 1966)

Attachments:
Bellett GTR Specs.docx [13.24 KiB]
Downloaded 651 times
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Nice! Thanks for posting the document, good to have.
I look forward to seeing your car and your progress with it, if you are happy to share. Welcome to Bellett ownership! At the most sporty level no less.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Welcome, great seeing you on bellett.net. Your post is a great feed of information.
Dave.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]