View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RIP Darryl Mayberry 

Car(s): Had 1965 1500 and grew up with GT 1600 +1800's
Hi All

I know there's quite a few on here who knew dad. In case you missed the news he passed away on 29th November 2019. He had a short and aggressive fight with small cell lung cancer. Chemo didn't help unfortunately. Belletts were such a huge part of dads life for so long and of course his family :) I have many great memories of attending club meetings, one particular was at Merimbula NSW. Dingy dump of a motel lol.

One day I will be on the hunt to purchase a Bellett so hope to get help from you lovely folk. I can keep a part of Dads memory alive and my youth when I had my 65 Teardrop Bellett which my dad bought for me as my first car.

My brother has Dads GT as some of you are aware. Its currently under (re) construction :)

There will be a large estate auction and I believe there are a lot of Bellett parts, what my brother doesn't want/need/take will be left with me I think. If anyone is interested in the details of the auction I can post here once I know. Dad was a cabinet maker by trade with a love of antiques, so there is plenty of older tools etc coming up for auction along with many machines and a couple of old tractors!

Dads wife has been sorting through papers and pulling out anything Bellett club related and passing on to me. I have quite a few old newsletters now and bits and pieces.

Anyway let me know if there is any interest

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:16 am
Profile YIM

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I haven't been on the forum for a couple of months and sadly this is the first post I've seen.
So sorry to hear of your loss Simmy.
Unfortunately I never knew your dad but have heard many great things about him.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:24 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Was so sad to hear of his passing, only met him the one time when
we went over to Melbourne.
He was a wonderful person and a true Bellett aficionado.
I have great memories of the time and still have this on my phone.
Sticky you will appreciate this one.

Josh

Attachments:
12062011.jpg
12062011.jpg [ 346.11 KiB | Viewed 6484 times ]
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]