View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Personal remarks 
Author Message

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:44 am
Posts: 335
Location: central coast
Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Reply with quote
At the risk of being banned I think a few things need to be said.

Firstly, I did read the posts from both a member and an administrator. Yes the personal attacks went both ways. So no moral high ground can be claimed.

As for the frustration that lead to the initial comments, I can completely understand that. Forums like this are meant for information sharing, not for someone to flaunt information in your face but not share it.
If you’re not prepared to share/help then say nothing.


Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:48 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:23 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Gawler SA
Car(s): morris cooper s, GTR XU1,PR90
Reply with quote
You are absolutely correct. When I read the reply to my post I took a deep breath, tried to revert to my effective skills negotiation training and even went back to my training with Edward DeBono and his six thinking hats where he advocates to always look for the blue in everything. Unfortunately all I could see was red and responded accordingly. I found the comments were derogatory, be-littleing and a slight on my character as a person. In essence a personal attack on me.

All I want to do now is get on with rebuilding the car and sharing it with the forum members who may get some benefit from it. It is not an ego or chest beating thing rather showing others what can be achieved and to go for it.

If I get banned for writing this so be it.


Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:23 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am
Posts: 2521
Reply with quote
67GT wrote:
Firstly, I did read the posts from both a member and an administrator. Yes the personal attacks went both ways. So no moral high ground can be claimed.

Wrong.
The personal attack started with the member, not the administrator, namely myself. I as an administrator refrained from doing the same as stated but I also have the right of reply, as does anyone else.
Opposing opinions will always exist but when the original author of a thread wishes to attack anyone else then they will find their thread and everything contained within it removed.
This is not the first instance of this but it is the first involving the member and the administrator (again, me) but it is still same result, hence why the thread no longer exists.

67GT wrote:
As for the frustration that lead to the initial comments, I can completely understand that. Forums like this are meant for information sharing, not for someone to flaunt information in your face but not share it.
If you’re not prepared to share/help then say nothing.

Wrong. There was no flaunting in any way. There was info given without specifics which is my right to do, as it is also the right of any and all bellett.net users.
This advise was given and continually ignored. The final post in the thread did the same again and the proposed idea was stated multiple times to be dangerous on its own, and again this was ignored. I'll add this was stated by more than just one person and to not only ignore it but continue on the same path in a public arena is worse as others may follow the same processes which could be dangerous to them as well.
If I or anyone wishes to post info in a small or large way, that is up to them. There are no rules stating that info must be shared so wouldn't you want to be advised if a proposed idea was dangerous instead of it being ignored and finding out the hard way?

I will add that the very existance of this forum and the National Meetings that gave rise to it in the first place are things that I'm proud of as I was involved with both, as well as being the original contact with IUA that has been of major benefit to many Isuzu enthusiasts as well. I've since witnessed these things seem be forgotten by a minority of others who have wished to push agendas that benefit only themselves which has never been and never will be the mantra on what the Belett movement is about.
Also alot of info contained within this forum has been shared by me from my knowledge, experience and documentation which includes extensive model history and identification, parts interchangability and resources, engineered and approved upgrades including the disc brake kit and many other things on other topics, so I'm glad to see that alot of these things have been of assistance to many Bellett owners since this the Nationals began in 2006 and this forum was launched in 2008 and before that as well as without that info, many others wouldn't have had the success they've had with their cars too.


Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:30 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am
Posts: 2521
Reply with quote
peterd wrote:
You are absolutely correct. When I read the reply to my post I took a deep breath, tried to revert to my effective skills negotiation training and even went back to my training with Edward DeBono and his six thinking hats where he advocates to always look for the blue in everything. Unfortunately all I could see was red and responded accordingly. I found the comments were derogatory, be-littleing and a slight on my character as a person. In essence a personal attack on me.

That may be true if your initial reply referring to myself as a "Seagull" is ignored.
That's what earnt my reply so let's not change the order of proceedings.

peterd wrote:
All I want to do now is get on with rebuilding the car and sharing it with the forum members who may get some benefit from it. It is not an ego or chest beating thing rather showing others what can be achieved and to go for it.

Your rebuild thus far has been great to watch and I do wish you luck and success with it.
The more Bellett's we have out there, especially of the rarer varieties, the better.

peterd wrote:
If I get banned for writing this so be it.

That won't be happening from these posts.


Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:36 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.