View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Help Identify Possible Old RaceCar 

Car(s): Many.
Howdy All.

I have just acquired another Bellett but this old girl is showing signs of being a Racecar from days gone by.

Can anyone recall a red 65 sedan with white / cream B & C pillars.
It’s got signs on the floor of having a rollcage in it.

It was supposed to be a parts car but if it turns out to be a rare racecar I’m sure it should be brought back to its former glory with as much history as possible being displayed with the car.

Attachments:
4812EAF2-3F2B-40E9-96FF-8FAC837ACAEF.jpeg
4812EAF2-3F2B-40E9-96FF-8FAC837ACAEF.jpeg [ 3.57 MiB | Viewed 12344 times ]
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:36 pm

It’s chassis number is PR20-4042590 if that helps.

Cheers Kev.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
More than likely been a "Club Rally Car"......but worth following up on.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:43 pm

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
A car with history is definatley special, worth getting info for sure

Josh

Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:32 am

Definitely not a known touring car.
4 raced at Bathurst. 3 teardrop taillight, 1 square taillight.
1 teardrop in 65 was white with sections of red tape covering the signage that wasn't allowed to be visible. 2 teardrops in 66 but one was blue and one was pale green. None were red with white pillars. The whereabouts of none of them is known but the 65 car is thought to have been scrapped to build the blue 66 car as the 65 car was also a rally car that was bashed to death...
The 1 square taillight was white with a red stripe and pillars. The whereabouts of this car is known.
None of the Bathurst cars ever had a roll cage in them either.
There were 3 factory built sedans imported to race as well. They were real hot rods with many mods. All were teardrop taillight but all were white. Each just had a different colour stripe (1 green, 1 gold or 2 thin red). Again none ever had a roll cage. 2 of the 3 are known to be lost but 1 is missing. It is very easily identified tho as it had a special body unlike a normal sedan.
Bob Drane had 2. A red teardrop taillight and then a pale blue square taillight. The red one was written off very early on and all the good bits put into the later blue one. That one was then written a while later when it was a road car.
I'd suggest this was either a club race or rally car. Seeing as it and a cage it some stage it may of also had a CAMS logbook as books were not required before 1967 for touring cars and cages were not required before 1969. If it did have a book issued then CAMS will have a record of it so get onto them (ask for Keith Simpson at the head office in Melbourne) and give him the chassis number. He can look into it from there.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:14 am

Thanks for the info,

I would hate to use an ex racer as a parts car when it could be restored to its former glory with proven history.

I have contacted CAMS and was told to email off what I had on the car to them so now I’m playing the waiting game.

It does have some factory metal that gets reduced in weight as the years go on so it will take abit of work to bring it back but nothing is impossible. ( telling the mrs about yet another project car might be hard to do but still not impossible )

Cheers Kev.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]