View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
hello ??? hello ??? 

Early GT wrote:
Both Lily (yes I have named my white GT) and Rufus will have an outing this weekend...Steve and Peggy from Vic are up here to join us on the drive.
On the maintenance side, I checked my front brakes on Rufus a few weeks ago to find the pads wearing unevenly....outer pad 3/4 gone :x but inner one 3/4 left and brakes do stick a bit. The rotors are machined down to minimum thickness. I hear them release with a low thump. Can't push the piston back with clamp...is there any trick....had the calipers resleeved about 3 years ago...thought they would last forever?

We'll be up this weekend to Lewis, but for a family funeral, not car stuff....

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Nice to see all these responses. Good onya Davo for the call. There seems to be a theme, life is busy! It appears there is more to do all the time, but its nice to take a little time to have a read of what others are up to. A short message is still encouraging.
For me, I've had some paid work, so Tracy said I need a reward. That woud be doubling the shed, to get some of these vehicles out of the weather. :D That is under way, with the help of a mate. (Well, I'm helping him.....cause he knows what he is doing.)
Last weekend I had another birthday, so Tracy gave me a 'voucher' for 3 re-upholstered Elf seats. So I suppose its time to make a start on Dobby! 8-)
I have set a date to have him on the road, so work begins.......soon.......after the busy time subsides. :roll:

Stay happy, drive your cars a bit,
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:06 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi guys and gals thanks so much for all your postings what a great wealth of up to date postings ..hey we all get bogged down in our lives ..allways remember we are in this together ....I was asked a mth ago to compere a benefit show for an act which has fallen on rough times he has aspestosis has sat dormant for 40 years ..and this guy was performing up to 2 mths ago got a sore throat went to doctor and they broke it down to him working in a brake and tyre shop some 40 years ago . the show is this sunday at Beenleigh ...we don't know when our time runs out and as we all have the Isuzu itis its great to share our love and knowledge keep at it guys it keeps us going ....

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2