View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
upholstery 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
well movin on the rear brakes are under way ...next took the drivers seat apart pretty honeycombed ..this will be a challenge ..went to a trimmer wasn't much interested ..so bugger em I will have a go thanks for the advice from dave nq ..one is in bits will get the foam and then play with it will be tedious but rewarding ...one at a time ... now that's 3 chrome ,brakes and now trim ah well cheers davo

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, Morris Minor 1000
I think the fellow's name is Steve from SS Trimming. He was on Brisbane road. Get a quote off him and see if he is interested. I was recommended a guy on the coast. Called him up he came and looked at the blue Morris and said "those seats a shagged! It will cost at least 2 and a half just to fix the seats before we talk about anything else". I had passed the sign for SS trimming went in there with the car and a rough drawing of what I wanted. Cost about 4000 to do the whole lot. And he said that there was nothing wrong with the seats.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 am

Car(s): PR91 1967 GT, PR20 1966 1/2 with GT Goodies
Hey Davie
Unfortunately it's a common occurrence
'Not interested mate'
'Nah, too hard mate'
'Nah mate, I make more money with insurance jobs'
'Why do you want to do that, just buy a new car mate'
J

To increase the fun, add a hair dryer

Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:19 am

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
I did a motor trimming course last year. Took a bellett GT seat in for my first project. The teachers exact words were "are you f*****g serious". Not the ideal seat design to start a DIY trimming project as I have found out. 4k is a ridiculous price for seats though if I just read that right.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Door trims/ kick panels are easy to DIY if you have the sewing machine.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
material rips repaired had a seamstess use her industrial machine just have to re foam ..mate im streeys ahead I have $3985 to buy foam with is that too much foam ??? ha ha ...some bloody tradesmen ..supposedly ...they wont suck me in ..not this time will show the finished job soon cheers davo

Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:27 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Davo, I think Glenn Percy had a similar problem with my GT. After I bought the GT the foam was powdering and the vinyl cracking, I took it to AA Trimming in Granville west Sydney and he did front and rear for me, matched the vinyl to almost identical as original, re foamed all the seats, then covered my back speaker panel where I have put 2 original GT speaker covers for the radio speakers, again copying original vinyl, and nothing like the prices you have been quoted, my cost well under a grand!!
Good luck with your seats, you will do well, it is very hard to get fair pricing on restoration anything.
Take care, looking forward to catching up at Toowoomba.
Dave M

Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:41 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, Morris Minor 1000
No Claws that was for carpet (which was some fancy stuff because I liked the colour), roof lining, kick panels, door trims and 1/4 trims, front and rear seats (two tone metal flake blue and pearl white vinyl) and the two timber boot floor pieces (done in tuck'n'roll/pleats)

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]