View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
TAKING A BREAK from working 

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Hey Bellett Family,

I am sad, scared, overwhelmed and excited to let all my friends and family know that after a difficult 12 months, which started with losing my Father, Alex Ingram, to Cancer in April, then picking up the pieces and helping mum, Val Ingram, run the Family Business, Image Offset - which we all love dearly and have such great staff, clients and suppliers for the last 35 years - we have come to the difficult decision and have sold the business.

2020 has been our family’s target to either sell or close Image Offset so Mum and Dad could retire and travel the world playing golf and sipping beer and champagne together. That plan did not come to fruition.

I am taking some time off to decompress, gather my thoughts and try to decide what my next chapter in life will be. I have worked as a Graphic Designer/Compositor since leaving school back in 1985 and worked my way up the chain in the business doing everything from fixing a leaking roof (McMinn Street) to laying out a floor plan for new premises when we moved to Hickman Street, Winnellie in 2010.

I loved working with my Dad every day in those 33 years and with Mum for the last 10.

We laughed, fought and cried - but mostly enjoyed supplying quality printing to our clients both near and far.

Thank you to everyone who has made an impact on our lives whether it be small or large.

Memories that will be cherished forever.

I hope now I can find a job after my break and wind down to retirement when I am 55 - without all the pressure of running our own business. I want to not be relied on SO much in my role at work and be able to think about the fun stuff in life - like working on Stinky.

I think disk brakes and a new paint job is in order for the little beastie.

I would like to thank my beautiful wife, Bernie, for allowing me to take this time to get my shit back together and clear my head.

Lots of love to you all.

Cheers
Neil
Darwin

Attachments:
Him Me and Her.jpg
Him Me and Her.jpg [ 90.46 KiB | Viewed 6993 times ]
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:20 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Good effort, take a break - you have earnt it , come back refreshed and up-beat because Australia offers a whole big exciting world with plenty of opportunities - get "on board" and enjoy it.....!
And keep on Belletting..……………….

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:09 am

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
You've done well mate. really enjoy your break, you will really find when the pressure comes off you will start to get back to normal.

I really looking forward to seeing the Bellett with a new paint job, and if you can get to the 2020 Nats, be great to see ya and buy ya a beer (or 2)

Josh

Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:48 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hey there Neil. Goodness, that's a long time to be in one occupation! But, when it's time it's time. One things certain, there are plenty of opportunities out there in all facets of life. Can't think of a better break than tinkering with a Bellett!
Just enjoy it mate.
Sorry to hear you've had a hard year. Things will get better, they always do in my experience. And yeah, hopefully we will meet you at the 2020 Nationals in Hahndorf. We will be there!
Take care.
Matt.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Car(s): Alfa 33, 1935 Riley Special
Tough year Neil....good idea taking a little time off, when you're working hard you sometimes don't realise how much of the stuff has gone by already.
Good luck, and thanks for all your support for Rollie over the years.
Mark

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]