View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Cowra 2019 Nationals Info 

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Just a little update.
Registrations have now closed and numbers given to food providers and venues. We have had a healthy number of registrations, so it will be another great event. Merchandise orders have been placed and are being made. There will be regular attendees, first time attendees and those who get there when they can. There will be those who are there in spirit, kept away by circumstance. It is a big country, and a busy life, so we completely understand the difficulties.
That said there are those attending against the odds, in fact I already have contenders for the Spirit of the Nationals award!

This year we have a lot of generous sponsorship, and I thank
Isuzu Ute Australia,
Cowra Shire Council,
Meguiars Car Care, and
Isuzu Car Club of Australia very much for their wonderful contributions.

Many individuals are also contributing , things like raffle prizes, Trophy components, (yes, unique trophies this year) Welcome packs. I will post a full list after the event, as they are still being offered.
Speaking of the raffle, we have decided to give profits from the raffle to Can Assist cancer assistance group this year. Can assist provide vouchers for fuel, fares, accommodation and procedures to country people to help with the extra cost involved with living remotely from testing and treatment. Our local group is Young - Boorowa, and they will receive the funds. I have been given authority to collect. As we have and have had members of the Bellett and Isuzu family effected by this terrible disease, I thought it a good way to direct a few dollars.

Show and shine judging will be done by volunteers from the Cowra Antique Vehicle Club, and I'm posting details in the judging criteria section. A big thank you in advance to these keen members.

As I sit writing this , I hear gentle rain falling. I am hoping it is widespread as the continuing drought is impacting communities severely. We have had a little of late, providing a green tinge to the landscape locally. What is falling will at the very least keep this colour in the landscape, making it prettier for your visit. Thank you to all those who are coming along, thereby injecting funds into our communities.

I very much look forward to seeing you all, only 18 days to go!
Take care on the roads.
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Now just a week away, and we have our first visitors, Glen and Elaine on their way to Cowra. So for me, when there is a Bellett on our yard that isn't mine, the Nationals have began!
That gentle rain I mentioned turned into 23mm, the most we've had for quite a while. Locally it has greened up nicely, might even get a bit of feed out of it! The countryside will at least be pretty for our gathering.

All of you heading out on the road do take care. In NSW we will have double demerit points in force, and police are blitzing mobile phone use. The penalty for holding a phone is over $300 and 10 demerit points during the holidays, even for navigation. This is in response to the alarming statistic that of 1 in 6 deaths in NSW a phone was in use at the time.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:33 pm

$300 is cheap.
Try the same down here and it's $496.

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:12 am

Car(s): not enough!
:D :) :o 8-) :lol: :mrgreen: :geek: :roll: :D

Attachments:
oop.PNG
oop.PNG [ 67.1 KiB | Viewed 9039 times ]

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:26 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I'm on my way :D
In the driving seat of Greg and Lizzies Florian.
They may not be able to be there this year due to work commitments but they will be there in spirit.

I left home lunchtime yesterday and I'm heading a little further south first to Graham and Chloe's at Nowra
I will then be doubling back to Cowra and will be there Thursday

SEE YOU ALL SOON :mrgreen:

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
To everyone have a safe trip and an amazing weekend.

Josh

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:01 am

Car(s): not enough!
2019 NATIONALS RESULTS ARE:
BEST SEDAN: GARY SMITH
RUNNER UP: HADLEY FAMILY

MOST ORIGINAL BELLETT: HADLEY FAMILY

BEST GT/GTR: KERRY BRUTY
RUNNER UP: NEIL MILLER

BEST FLORIAN: JIM GRICE (GRACEY)
RUNNER UP: MOLLERS BY STICKMAN

BEST 117 COUPE: PETER McKILL
BEST OTHER ISUZU: RUSSELL O’KEEFE
BEST GEMINI: LAUREL BRYCE
BEST MODERN: DAVE MAURICE

PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD: LEWIS BOLTON
SPIRIT OF THE NATIONALS: GARY SMITH

more details to come

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:06 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): PR91 1967 GT, PR20 1966 1/2 with GT Goodies
Well done to all
I’m sorry I couldn’t get across ‘The Ditch’ again, life has a way of throwing up obstacles
I wouldn’t be able to decide whether to bring the PR20 or the PR91 anyway......
Hoping next time Nationals in Vic or dare I wish Tassie (then I could debut the turbo) will be able to come
Cheers
J
Tassie

To increase the fun, add a hair dryer

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2