View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Bellett Nationals 2021 - IMPORTANT UPDATE 

This has just been emailed out.... posting here to make sure word gets out...

Hi Everyone,

As we all watch around Australia as things deteriorate in terms of border closures and lockdowns, we have had been having a big think about what we can do with Nationals this year.

We won't be "cancelling" as such, but we will be making some major changes.

Currently we have the following registrations per state:
SA - 15
VIC - 3
QLD - 4
NSW - 17

It is pretty well unlikely that anyone from Vic or NSW will be able to get into SA for the nationals, and as such that leaves us with 15 local people, plus a possible 4 extras from QLD if they're keen and the borders don't shut.

In addition to this, the Bay to Birdwood has been cancelled for this year sadly.

So what WILL we be doing?
1) For those who can attend, we are still planning the weekend at Hahndorf
2) We will cancel the formal awards night dinner and instead book a table at one of the many terrific local restaurants
3) We will cancel the catered lunch on Saturday and instead do something informal
4) We will join up with Buzz to Birdwood on Sunday (a non-official cruise to birdwood)
5) We will still do a local show & shine, but also find a way to be inclusive of others interstate for awards, we have some beautiful trophies in the pipeline, so we need to get creative with how we can hand these out.
6) We will still do Breakfast at The Bend for those who can come, and will see if we can get a few others with their classics out to join us. Due to changes in the schedule at The Bend, we may even be able to do this during the weekend.
7) Ultimately it will be a weekend of Belletts, mateship, tall tales and some great Hahndorf hospitality.

We will still have merchandise, we are a bit behind in getting this organised as we've slightly changed the design to cater for the unusual circumstances.

We will start working through refunds, including figuring out the partial refund for local attendees due to the reduced number of formalities we're having.

What do you need to do?
1) Keep an eye out for our next email, which will include both a link for ordering merchandise and also a link to complete a form to provide us your bank details for refunds
2) If you're in SA and still planning to attend, make sure you have your accommodation booked.
3) If you are interstate and not attending, please contact Hahndorf Resort to cancel your accommodation
4) If you are interstate and want to hold out in the hope that you can make a last minute dash, then we will hopefully see you soon!

Thank you everyone for your support and your patience. It certainly hasn't been easy trying to organise an event in the middle of a pandemic.

Cheers
Emma & Ross

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:09 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hello Emma and Ross.
It's a sad state of affairs over here, and we're sorry it's caused us not to be able to come over. Most likely anyway.
I'll watch for that next mail, I'm keen to get some souvenir merch, so I can at least wear it on the weekend and imagine. Great that you are planning to go ahead with the locals, it will be great to see some pics when you are together. I'm glad you have a degree of freedom over there, may it stay that way.

Whatever happens next year, I'm pretty sure we will be able to get together. Rhys and I are fully vaxed, and Milli and Tracy get their second doses in the next 3 weeks. We will be good to go!
Take care, and thank you for all the work you've done.
Cheers, Matt.

Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Hi Emma and Ross.
Half expected that the Nationals would not be going ahead as planned. Reducing the amount of sections of entertainment to to accommodate the South Australian people and those who wish to take the chance and go. Joe and I don't want to risk it. Crossing the borders and not knowing wether we may get home . Interested in buying some merchandise when available. Possibly come to some arrangement re deposit paid.
Wishing you both success in holding the reduced format and will hopefully see you next year. Wherever and when.
Dave.

Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]