View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Chris Garza from Eugene, Oregon 

Car(s): No Isuzus yet (soon tho!). 1984 Ford F250, 1978 Dodge Magnum (RIP)
I am a lifelong Isuzu enthusiast in the US who is an admin on the Isuzu car Facebook fanpage http://facebook.com/IsuzuSportsCars and runs an Isuzu-friendly car blog with 2 other writers.

One of my dream cars is either a Canadian Bellett or a USDM Bellel, and I like all vintage Japanese cars.

Just saying hello here. :)

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:27 am

Car(s): 65 Bellett PR20; 66 Bellett parts car
Welcome Chris,
There are a handful of us from this side of the pond on this forum.
I'm down in San Diego, used to go through Eugene once in a while on the way up to Corvallis, but haven't done that for a number of years now.

Enjoy the forum!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:40 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum! It's great to see more people from the USA getting on board; it's good to know that there are a handful of guys Stateside who know Isuzu were more than just obscure 1980s econo-sports cars and small pick up trucks!

The only Canadian-spec Belletts we know about on here are owned by Doug in San Diego; the rest seem to be RHD JDM-spec items that have found their way there via servicemen or whatever.

TBOU recently joined the forum with a US-spec Bellel; his story on his Scripps-Booth vintage car is interesting... but we're biding our time to see what he can do with the Bellel. Parts etc are always an issue, but if you can rebuild and refurbish something from 1919, the Bellel is probably a piece of piss (that means easy... I'm not sure if that is our saying or if we've adopted it from over there).

The forum is run by Australians and now that we have it, we've found that the Bellett community seems to be strongest here. There are some hardcore fans in Finland and Holland and their cars are just beautiful, but they're actually fairly few and far between. Not all of our cars are perfect (well, mine aren't o_0 ) but we seem to have the numbers!

Having said that... they're still a very rare car here and seemingly rarer everywhere else. I was thinking this morning where our members have come from and while not all of them have remained active, we've had guys with Belletts in Malaysia, Russia, the UK, the USA, New Zealand, South Africa, Finland and Holland. That's a fair spread of the world!

The more the merrier... one less hitting the wrecking yard is one more we can own, drive and love! (or at least get parts from)

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:45 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): No Isuzus yet (soon tho!). 1984 Ford F250, 1978 Dodge Magnum (RIP)
Thanks, everyone. Will look at the US Bellel thread soon.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:13 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Welcome Chris, love your user name. Very apt description for most of us on the forum I reckon

Fri May 10, 2013 7:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]