View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
1969 Isuzu Florian 1600 brochure - Dutch - 4-panels 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
While we're on a charge of Dutch Isuzu stuff (see previous post: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2339), I thought I'd also put this awesome Florian item up!

Like a lot of later brochures, this one comes up pretty dark when you scan it; it's not all magical mystery tours and LSD-laced diagrams by the time the 1960s drew to a close.

This item is a single-sheet, but full A4-sided brochure. The cover shows the LHD Florian and the astute will immediately notice the quad-headlight front... it's the same as the JDM Isuzu Florian TS twin carb sporty model!

The Dutch Florian got no such induction, nor did it appear to get the tacho or the black bonnet, so it's NOT a TS as such. You can check out what I'm talking about here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=909 (make sure you do; it's HELL worth checking out!).

Attachment:
01 - cover.jpg
01 - cover.jpg [ 222.7 KiB | Viewed 7551 times ]

The second and third page is a centre spread showing the awesome machine again.... at least this one is clearly LHD and not a RHD photo that has been flipped like the above Bellett brochure was.

There are some magical-mystery-ish style drawings up each side showing the light switches, break-away rear view mirror and door latches, among other things. Also the hazard lights and even a nifty cartoon of the master cylinder!

Attachment:
02 & 03 - centre spread.jpg
02 & 03 - centre spread.jpg [ 149.96 KiB | Viewed 7551 times ]

The back page features a wagon! I had no idea there were any Florian wagons in Holland. Maybe this was the only one... who knows, but the Florian wagon is tres cool!

Nice brochure!

Attachment:
04 - specs and diagrams including wagon.jpg
04 - specs and diagrams including wagon.jpg [ 186.56 KiB | Viewed 7551 times ]

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
the round light front suits them, you definately got my attention with this one!
would probably give my left kidney for a florian wagon......(or any other surplus body parts!)

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:27 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Forum member Michiel's later Dutch Florian had the Chevy LUV front, but by then they all did, it seems.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=906

Cheers!

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]