View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4 panels 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Since buying a Florian, I've managed to grab a couple of Florian-related brochures.

Initially I was thinking of putting this in a seperate section for other Isuzu brochures but I'll hold off on that at this stage as many of those brochures actually have the entire range, which at some points can include the Bellett as well as the Florian and 117.

So for the time being, here it is.

This brochure is for the 1975 Isuzu Florian. This model came out about 1972 and is the same model as Bellett.net user 'michiel', albeit in JDM-spec RHD!

Australia got two models of Florian with 1600cc engines both the early model with the flat, oblong headlights and then the second generation (mine) with the larger tail lights and the slightly pointed, oblong headlights! This series shows a move to a front shared with the Chevrolet LUV, which was mechanically more or less a Florian ute/pickup anyway.

Those mirrors look a lot like the trapezoidal mirrors I have on my Wasp which is 10 years older....

Plus it looks like a family of five (why are there two women? Are they Mormons?) can fit in, but only if they have a massive laughing fit first.

Attachment:
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 01.jpg
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 01.jpg [ 91.54 KiB | Viewed 7606 times ]

The interior is a world away from the Bellett. The seats are wide and this model received headrests which was lacking on the previous versions. The centre console is pretty natty, although I think this was available on the earlier model, just not here. Interesting to note that it appears not to have seat belts, which was a requirement in Australia by 1975, although they appear optional.

Attachment:
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 02.jpg
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 02.jpg [ 101.07 KiB | Viewed 7603 times ]

The rear quarter shot shows that nothing has changed at the back end from the previous model, although the DeLuxe badge has been revised.

Interior-wise the dash shell appears unchanged, however the move away from the Florian's bizarre oval dials is a bit sad. Interestingly, those new round dials don't look too different to those of the Bellett from 1966 onwards! Did they seriously 'update' their dials with gauges from another car that came out six years prior (working on an approx 1972 release date for this model)? Perhaps!

The steering wheel centre has been changed to the padded safety centre of the Chev LUV steering wheel, although with careful inspection you can see it says "Florian" under the padding. Also I note that the auto version appears to be column shift. I think we saw a Florian for sale in Japane with a bench seat and column shift auto - wouldn't mind my Florian with those features!

This page is big shows us much. I quite like the drawing showing what your car will look like when you crash it.

The 1817cc G180 OHC appears to have the cam in the rocker cover although a technical expert may prove me wrong. Either way, it appears to pre-date the 1817cc G180Z OHC engine that Isuzu put in their Gemini and in our Rodeo as that engine is, externally, identical to the Gemini motor which has a black sheetmetal rocker cover.

The diagrams of the brakes and suspension are nothing to write home about; they appear the same as the previous models' systems!

Attachment:
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 03.jpg
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 03.jpg [ 135.7 KiB | Viewed 7605 times ]

Here's the important specs page and it has confused me!

The top of the table shows the cars being an 1800DX as well as a PA30D (or PA30BD or whatever)... which sounds pretty diesel to me. However I don't think it's an oiler - it can rev out to 5400rpm and pulls 100ps's, which I think is usually beyond the average mid-1970s-diesel-engine's capacity.

Anyway people correct me if I'm wrong!

Futhermore, there are three gearbox options; one is the regular four-speed and the other two are three-speeds, with different ratios. Plus one shows a seating capacity of 6, being for a bench seat, while the other 3-speeder shows a seating capacity of 5. The first 3-speeder with the seating capacity of 6 has a weight about 5kg UNDER the 4-speed version, while the last one has a weight of about 985, which is 25k's more than the 4-speed car. Presumably the auto is column shift, but still comes with a bucket seat arrangement. Knowing Isuzu, both bench and bucket seat would have been available for the auto and perhaps just one version was shown. Anyway, that's my guess!

This last page also shows the standard colours, of which there are only four! Just under the the modern Isuzu badge on the back page is the Showa date 50.4, being for April 1975.

Attachment:
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 04.jpg
1975 Isuzu Florian 1800 brochure - Japanese - 4-panels - 04.jpg [ 101.22 KiB | Viewed 7603 times ]

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Fri May 07, 2010 11:27 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Perhaps one of the ladies is nana? Pretty strong kid, piggy-backing her whole family!
The motor pic shows a dizzy & plug leads, so petrol, but there may have been a diesel, particularly for europe.
I imagine the heavy 3 speeder is the auto. The 4th cog must weigh 5kg!
And yeah, pretty poor colour choice! Almost as bad as many modern cars, where you get Black, White, & 15 shades of silver! The one thing I like about HSFPV's, at least you can get colours!
And Nissan Micras - Colours!
Thanks for showing.
Cheers, Matt.

Sun May 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
they dropped the red! how could they! seriously love the florian brochure though!

Mon May 10, 2010 12:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]