View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Isuzu Bellett GT PR91 wiring harness 

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett GT 1967, Toyota Celica TA22 1973, Toyota Corolla KE35 SR 1976
Hi guys. Looking for a complete wiring harness for my Bellett GT PR91. Anyone can help me? Thanks a lot :D

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:21 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
That would be a very rare spare I'd say. I don't think I've ever seen one.
Good luck there, but you could have one made by an Auto electrician, if you have the old one to copy.
Cheers, Matt.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:31 pm

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Hi Earthp. I have a few questions in regards to your request.
Have you got the old harness for your vehicle.?.
If you have. Is it "burnt out" or damaged in a way that you may not be able to salvage it.?.
Are you able to access a sedan harness.?.
Have you got a sedan and a GT wiring harness diagram.?. Operators manual have both.

I may be able to assist you in regards to some of the questions.
Just some back ground on what I have done in the last 10 to 12 years.
Stripped all insulation and cleaned a sedan harness, Checked it for "dry" joints. This is both the main harness and the
rear tail lamp. Re-covered the harness using non stick tape. The reason was that paint overspray was on the tape and
not easily removed and I had a "dry" joint in my first sedan.
I have 2 GT's. Both needed checking on the amp meter wire. This wire is the cause of many a fire in the harness due
to the connection either falling off and shorting out or too close to the ignition wire and getting very warm melting the
insulation on any surrounding wires. I have stripped and cleaned both of the harnesses and taped them.
I have wiring diagrams. PR20-2 and PR91-1.

Dave.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:13 pm

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Clarification on my previous post. Thought it was getting pretty close to a novel.
The difference between a sedan and a GT harness.
The GT has a amp meter and the wire has a terminal joint in it to access the meter. The sedan doesn't have
this joint but I estimate that you may be able to adapt to suit.
The GT does not have a amp warning light. Sedan has. Remove the red wire from the regulator terminal block.
The GT has a Tachometer, oil pressure and water temperature gauges. Manufacturing a mini harness to accommodate
these extra gauges would be a solution.

In theory. Modifying a sedan to a GT harness would be plausible.

Dave.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:53 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett GT 1967, Toyota Celica TA22 1973, Toyota Corolla KE35 SR 1976
Thanks guys :D Thanks for your answers.

I have the original harness but the car was originally RHD and the previous owner switched to LHD and the cables are in poor condition, many changes, patched and some cuts. I have a sedan harness, but there's a lot of differences. Getting a GT harness would be easier and without having patches, it would be safer to avoid short circuits and possible fires. But without an original one, maybe the Sedan harness in good condition could be the answer.

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]