View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Parts Car Wanted 

Car(s): Bellett 1500 Sedan
Hi Guys, first post here. I’m after a parts car as I’m restoring a 66 Bellett auto sedan. I’m part way into the project and missing some mechanicals and trim. Would love to get this car back on the road in time for the Nationals next year. Regards Craig Anderson 0418300096

Attachments:
File comment: Let’s just say there’s a lot of progress made since this photo.
D4E6FFBB-387D-4FAE-BBE8-91F02AB569C5.jpeg
D4E6FFBB-387D-4FAE-BBE8-91F02AB569C5.jpeg [ 1.45 MiB | Viewed 11232 times ]
Wed May 13, 2020 11:54 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hello there Craig, and welcome. Where are you at? I have a supply of spares as well as a parts auto. I'm in NSW not far from Canberra.
Hmm, perhaps I should call.
Cheers, Matt.

Wed May 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi Matt, apologies for the slow reply. Have been super busy with work. Please do give me a call when you can. I'm about 25 kms east of Melbourne, so not exactly around the corner but would like to work something out so I can progress the build. Am looking to rebuild the G150, which I have un-seized and have the head ready to machine. I think the auto is locked up, possibly has had water through it, so if I need to do a manual conversion that's ok. I have no back seat, broken rear passenger side window and a host of other fixable issues. I'm going to fabricate the inner wing where it meets the headlight bucket, and also the front rail and lower rad support, but a little worried about the shock tower as it looks like the rust has got it, so if you know of a car with extensive rear damage as a donor that would be helpful. I won't cut up a car for parts which can be put back on the road as there's so few of them left. If there's only 90 odd left registered out of 16,000 delivered to Australia we can't wreck any good ones. I can't find a compliance plate on mine, but I hear this is not unusual, so if you can enlighten me that would be great.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Kind Regards
Craig Anderson 0418 300 096

Tue May 19, 2020 7:32 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Righto mate, I'll give you a call soon.
Belletts are pre compliance plate, just the chassis number on the passenger side shelf under the bonnet and engine number behind the dizzy.
I have a spare auto box, but it was a bit slippy, would need a kit and adjustments. I also have an auto car with a good motor and box that starts and drives. It has quite a bit of rust and would take a bit of repairing, so you could use it. I have plenty of windows.
Talk soon.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue May 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi Matt,

Sounds great. Let's have a chat when you get some time and I can text you a bunch of photos so you can see what I'm up to. I'm keen to have this as a runner soon. I've been in a Bellett some years ago which suffered a major brake fade down the Arthurs Seat Hill (great climb but scary on the way back when the brakes give out) so interested to know of any brake upgrades as the last thing I want to do after a restoration is to stack it.
Kind Regards

Wed May 20, 2020 9:36 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Megsie-Belle wrote:
Hi Matt,

Sounds great. Let's have a chat when you get some time and I can text you a bunch of photos so you can see what I'm up to. I'm keen to have this as a runner soon. I've been in a Bellett some years ago which suffered a major brake fade down the Arthurs Seat Hill (great climb but scary on the way back when the brakes give out) so interested to know of any brake upgrades as the last thing I want to do after a restoration is to stack it.
Kind Regards

A few of us in the Bellett Car Club of Vic east of Melbourne also. Afraid i have no parts though.

There's an engineered disk brake conversion available. There's a topic on it.

The Auto box was also used in some other Australian cars, (apart from the bell housing) so there shouldn't be any problem having it over hauled.

glenn

Thu May 21, 2020 1:09 am
Profile WWW

I have some auto stuff up here in Qld I'm giving away as part of a clean-out. Happy to pack anything up you may need to get your Bellett running. I'll post up pics as I find them.

Thu May 21, 2020 7:37 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Dean wrote:
I have some auto stuff up here in Qld I'm giving away as part of a clean-out. Happy to pack anything up you may need to get your Bellett running. I'll post up pics as I find them.

Dean
remember the manifold that you got with the Sport..... are u going to use it ?

Fri May 22, 2020 10:35 am
Profile WWW

What suburb Craig?
I'm east Melb but further out and as Glenn said, there's a few of us in the general area.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:44 am

Just noticed your listed location is Ringwood East.
Close enough to me. Much closer to a few others too.... and there's parts around between us all.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:47 am

Glenn wrote:
Dean wrote:

Dean
remember the manifold that you got with the Sport..... are u going to use it ?

I have a spare exhaust manifold from the GT 1800 motor I bought from Northern NSW :D :D :D

Sat May 23, 2020 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]