View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Anyone selling a Bellett in Victoria? 

Car(s): Had 1965 1500 and grew up with GT 1600 +1800's
Hi guys, just hoping there may be a Bellett for sale in Victoria. Ive been dying to have one again as it's been many years! Preferably running and good condition as I'm hardly mechanically able lol thanks guys :)

Another option is if anyone knows someone in vic that could fix up my old tear drop which has laid in waiting in the paddock and if so what sort of prices would I be looking at for a restore

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:15 am
Profile YIM

A couple of Melbourne based cars have come and gone lately, so you're a bit late. Others are about, but you'll need to travel to get them.
Resto cost are impossible to predict without actually seeing and properly assessing the car. It might need little, it might need everything, but if its been sitting in a paddock for years, I'd say its closer to everything which will mean the costs will outweigh the value. You'd be better off searching for a nice one, paying a bit more, and using the paddock car for spares as they're getting harder to find now too.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Thanks. My timing is always off lol

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:08 pm
Profile YIM

My advice is:
Remember Belletts are 25 years older these days and are either over or near on 50 years old now, so they need a lot more work than they did 25 years ago, simply due to age. That either makes good cars really good or bad ones really bad. Good ones have had money spent on them so they sell for good money, an bad ones need good money spent on them. Either way, it's $$$$.
They aren't available like they were 25 yeas ago. Back then, we turned cars away. Even cars that were free..... Now people come forward looking for cars and offer good money. Only last weekend I could have sold my GT twice and one of my sedans,and that was with random people at a car event. Belletts aren't falling out of trees anymore so you have to hunt them down.
Look far and wide. Just once off asking in your local area won't find one. Cars regularly sell interstate, so be prepared to look interstate and travel for the right car.
Stay in the circle. Good cars sell quickly, and almost never hit the open market. Enthusiasts know enthusiasts and they buy and sell between each other. That's why most people never find one.....
And have the money ready. Remember they are not $500 car anymore tho. A good sedan could be $5000 or more. GT's are $20k and up. When you find that car, don't stuff about and grab it, hence having the cash waiting, because as I said, they're not falling out of trees.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
well said totally agree .......................

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR91 wrote:
My advice is:
Remember Belletts are 25 years older these days and are either over or near on 50 years old now, so they need a lot more work than they did 25 years ago, simply due to age. That either makes good cars really good or bad ones really bad. Good ones have had money spent on them so they sell for good money, an bad ones need good money spent on them. Either way, it's $$$$.
They aren't available like they were 25 yeas ago. Back then, we turned cars away. Even cars that were free..... Now people come forward looking for cars and offer good money. Only last weekend I could have sold my GT twice and one of my sedans,and that was with random people at a car event. Belletts aren't falling out of trees anymore so you have to hunt them down.
Look far and wide. Just once off asking in your local area won't find one. Cars regularly sell interstate, so be prepared to look interstate and travel for the right car.
Stay in the circle. Good cars sell quickly, and almost never hit the open market. Enthusiasts know enthusiasts and they buy and sell between each other. That's why most people never find one.....
And have the money ready. Remember they are not $500 car anymore tho. A good sedan could be $5000 or more. GT's are $20k and up. When you find that car, don't stuff about and grab it, hence having the cash waiting, because as I said, they're not falling out of trees.

agree there Brett.
Where was the car event ?

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback :)

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:00 am
Profile YIM

Glenn wrote:
agree there Brett.
Where was the car event ?

Isuzu dealer in Shepparton.
Had 3 cars there, 1 still is and will be for a while. They've made an offer in the Wasp, but I'm not selling.
1 of the others in elsewhere til Xmas now too.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]